Sometimes there’s nothing better than a nice hot soak in the tub after a long day. To create an illusion of luxury I often use essential oils or bath salts. but while I’ve been curious about DIY bath bombs, I thought they looked too complicated to make. I was wrong. I came across this basic recipe that’s very simple and customizable. I love that there is room to experiment with different salts, oils, colours and scents!
What you need:
- 4 oz baking soda
- 2 oz corn starch
- 2 oz salt (I used epsom salts)
- 2 oz citric acid
- 1 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon essential oil ( I used a combination of lavender, mint and eucalyptus)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon oil ( I used liquid coconut oil)
- food colouring (optional) (I didn’t use any)
- Bath bomb molds (can by from amazon/craft store but I just used a measuring cup)
Step 1 – In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients and whisk to get all the clumps out.
Step 2 – In a small bowl, mix wet ingredients.
Step 3 – Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ones whisking as you go. It’s important to whisk right away and only add a small amount at a time to avoid too much bubbling.
Step 4 – Pack the mixture into your mold very firmly.
Step 5 – Carefully remove from mold.
Step 6 – Let dry for up to 24 hours. Enjoy!