It’s January. What better time to set a resolution to be more active? Although I enjoy attending class at fitness studios and being among real live people, it’s not always an expense I can afford. Luckily, exercise doesn’t need to cost money. It doesn’t even always require leaving your house. Enter Youtube yoga. This DIY yoga mat spray is a perfect compliment to any at home yoga practice. You can even just spray it as a room freshener to liven up your senses. The best part? It literally takes 30 seconds to make.
What you need:
- 3 parts water (distilled is best but not necessary)
- 1 part alcohol free witch hazel
- 5-10 drops of tea tree or eucalyptus essential oil (I used tea tree. The key here is to use an oil that has cleansing properties.)
- 5-10 drops of other essential oil of your choice (I used lavender. This one just needs to smell nice.)
- Spray bottle (glass is best but not necessary)
Note: The bottle I used holds 1 cup. If yours is a different size you can adjust the drops of essential oil accordingly.
Step 1 – Combine all ingredients into the spray bottle
Step 2 – Shake it up
Step 3 – Spray onto yoga mat and wipe down with an old towel or cloth.
Step 4 – Enjoy doing yoga on your fresh and clean mat.